Coordinator + Speaker
Psalms 37:4 says, “Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.” I have never believed that verse more than I do today.
StrongFamilies has held a special place in my heart ever since my senior year of high school when Kari and I were on the varsity cheer squad together. Despite being nearly three years younger than me, she was one of the biggest encouragements in my life… always reminding me of my abilities, wheelchair or not. Not to mention the fact that I still aspire to be as well respected, humble, and abundantly BLESSED of an author as her dad. Being an official member of the StrongFamilies team is a gift beyond my wildest dreams because for so many years I thought no one would ever actually WANT to listen to my distorted voice. However, my journey has taught my I shouldn’t try to second-guess God, even when I have no idea where He’s leading me.
It’s been a hard, bumpy, and very long road, full of winding turns and surrounded by dry, lonely desert. But Jesus has walked with me through it all.
As an honors graduate of the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at ASU, and a recipient of the Walter Cronkite Outstanding Undergraduate Award, storytelling runs in my blood.
- I’m the author of The Little Butterfly Girl and a writer for Autumn Magazine
- Co-state coordinator for the Ms. Wheelchair Arizona Pageant
- Co-founder of Dance Mixability Integrated dance class, and currently an actress and writer in the Theatre360 acting troupe. Being on stage is one way I advocate for people with extra-abilities.
- I’ve also been honored to share my experiences while living with cerebral palsy by speaking and/or presenting at various conferences and other community events. These are things such as:
- Highlands Church Civitas Lifegroup
- The Partners in Employment conference
- Dr. Trent’s “Stronger” marriage conference
- The AZTAP Assistive Technology Summer Institute
I usually describe myself as an “Ink Weaver of Life, Faith and Fiction” because I am passionate about telling all types of stories that bring glory to the Kingdom of God. To help facilitate this, Brooke founded Brooke’s Butterfly Touch: Creative Storytelling Services in the fall of 2014, which strives to help others discover the power in sharing their own stories with their community in order to cultivate hope, healing, acceptance, and new opportunities. This includes the Transforming the Heart of YOUR Story workshop, which is designed to help participants learn how to use different storytelling tools (speaking, writing, video etc.) to share their testimony/experiences.
I’m inspired by The Blessing every day to help others give their burdens meaning.
- Honors Graduate, The Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication - Arizona State University
- The Walter Cronkite Outstanding Undergraduate Award from Arizona State University - Recipient
Best Selling Books
I can't wait to hear from you. Just fill out the form below, and let me know how I can help.
You can also connect with me at: